Searching for my biological father

Speciaal voor degenen die op zoek zijn naar oud-collega's.
Plaats reactie
oonakentta

Searching for my biological father

Bericht door oonakentta »

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for my biological father. I'm 23 years old woman from Finland. One very kind person told me that from this website I could find seamans who might know my father.

When my mother was young she lived in Kotka, Finland. Year was 1994, month was January or February. She met a Dutch sailor in a local bar. Man was very handsome and he spoke good English. They went to the ship together. At night my mom left. They didn't switch phone numbers or anything. After some while my mom noticed that she was pregnant.

The biggest dream of my life is to find my own father. He doesn't know he has a daughter in Finland. Here is a news article about me and my story written on holland. I hope you read it and take contact to me if you know anything that can help!

https://www.schuttevaer.nl/nieuws/zeeva ... p-zee.html

By, Oona

dita
Contacteer:

Re: Searching for my biological father

Bericht door dita »

Oona!
Oletko kokeilut paikallista sanomalehtiä. esim Kymen Sanomat. jossa ilmesty ainakin 1990 luvulla laivalista.
Sunnuntailehti oli aina ns viikkolaivat kaikeissa laivoissa joka saapuivat Kotkaan ja Haminaan. Ei pitäis oli vaikea poimitaan ne hollantilaisia laivoja. Yleensä ne laivat jonka nimi päätyvät -'BORG' tai -GRACHT'.'
Filipinilaisista tuli mieleen tankkilaivoissa.
Myös kirjastossa löytyvät myös Kymen Sanomat arkistossa.

Terv. Haminasta
Martin
Keep going
Martin

"Ver van huis en ongeschoren"

http://issuu.com/martinhendriks/docs
dita
Contacteer:

Bericht door dita »

Oona!
Kävin äsken kirjastossa ja sanomalehti vuodelta 1994 löytyy.
Terv. Martin
Keep going
Martin

"Ver van huis en ongeschoren"

http://issuu.com/martinhendriks/docs
oonakentta

dita schreef: 09 okt 2018 13:50 Oona!
Kävin äsken kirjastossa ja sanomalehti vuodelta 1994 löytyy.
Terv. Martin
Hei! Kiitos vastauksesta! Oon tutkinu jo Kymen Sanomia. Oon löytäny sekä sieltä, että vanhoista laivapäiväkirjoista muutamia laivoja.

26.01.1994 GOLF STAR
09.02.1994 AMY
09.02.1994 BALTICBORG
10.02.1994 FLINTENBORG

Rotterdamin merellinen museo löysi myös yhden laivan, LEVANTGRACHT. Se on lähtenyt Rotterdamista muistaakseni 30. tammikuuta ja määränpää on ollut Kotkan satama.

Näistä olikin tarkoitus kirjoittaa jo ensimmäiseen julkaisuun, mutta innostuksissani sen unohdin. Ongelmana tässä on se, etten millään meinaa löytää ja saada miehistölistoja. Oon laittanu sähköpostia sekä Wagenborgille, että Spliethoffille, mutta he eivät vastaa.

-Oona
oonakentta

I totally forgot to say in first message that I have found couple of vessels!

26.01.1994 GOLF STAR
09.02.1994 AMY
09.02.1994 BALTICBORG
10.02.1994 FLINTENBORG

Marine museum of Rotterdam found also one ship, LEVANTGRACHT. It left from Rotterdam on 30. of January and it was coming to Kotka.

Does somebody know something about these vessels? I have tried to investigate but it's very difficult to find information about the crew. Vessels are old, they have been sold or they don't exist anymore. I have written emails to Wagenborg and Spliethoff but they don't answer.

I hope I could find someone who has been sailing in those ships. Any kind of information is more than welcome! :)

-Oona
Gert Schouwstra
Contacteer:

Bericht door Gert Schouwstra »

Hej Oona,
Martin has made a good suggestion. I have looked up the ship arrivals at Kotka, as mentioned in the Dutch newspapers in 1994. These dates are accurate plus/minus 1 day:

7 jan EEMSBORG, arrived at Kotka, left 19 jan to Dublin.
12 jan HOUTMANSGRACHT, arrived at Kotka, left 18 jan to Vaya.
19 jan COLDSTREAM TRADER, arrived at Kotka, left 21 jan to Frederica.
20 jan AALSMEERGRACHT, left from Gavle to Kotka. Left around 2 feb to Keelung.
28 jan LEVANTGRACHT, arrived at Kotka coming from Lissabon, left 3 feb to Rauma.
1 feb KAAPGRACHT, arrived at Kotka. Left around 3 feb to Antwerpen.
9 feb AMY arrived at Kotka from Boulogne, left around 13 feb to Vlissingen.
10 feb FLINTERBORG, arrived at Kotka, left around 16 feb to Le Treport
22 feb RIJNBORG arrived at Kotka coming from Delfzijl, left around 24 feb.
28 feb EEMSBORG, arrived at Kotka from Plymouth
28 feb KOGGEGRACHT, arrived at Kotka from Rotterdam

You have stated in the interview at Schuttevaer that the contact between your mother and your father happened between 24 january and 5 february. So you are probably looking for an officer named "Jan" of the AALSMEERGRACHT, LEVANTGRACHT and KAAPGRACHT in 1994. These three ships belonged to rederij Spliethof at Amsterdam. You can contact them through their website: https://www.spliethoff.com or maybe phone them.

Could the harbour master of Kotka help you wit any names?

The GOLF STAR was not sailing under Dutch Flag any more. It was originally Dutch, but flagged out to Cyprus in 1985, renamed and in 1994 sailing under the flag of Antigua. Maybe she still had Dutch officers. I hope this information will help you in your search, or ring a bell with someone reading this post.
Gert
- Varen is Leven -
oonakentta

Gert Schouwstra schreef: 09 okt 2018 20:44 Hej Oona,
Martin has made a good suggestion. I have looked up the ship arrivals at Kotka, as mentioned in the Dutch newspapers in 1994. These dates are accurate plus/minus 1 day:

7 jan EEMSBORG, arrived at Kotka, left 19 jan to Dublin.
12 jan HOUTMANSGRACHT, arrived at Kotka, left 18 jan to Vaya.
19 jan COLDSTREAM TRADER, arrived at Kotka, left 21 jan to Frederica.
20 jan AALSMEERGRACHT, left from Gavle to Kotka. Left around 2 feb to Keelung.
28 jan LEVANTGRACHT, arrived at Kotka coming from Lissabon, left 3 feb to Rauma.
1 feb KAAPGRACHT, arrived at Kotka. Left around 3 feb to Antwerpen.
9 feb AMY arrived at Kotka from Boulogne, left around 13 feb to Vlissingen.
10 feb FLINTERBORG, arrived at Kotka, left around 16 feb to Le Treport
22 feb RIJNBORG arrived at Kotka coming from Delfzijl, left around 24 feb.
28 feb EEMSBORG, arrived at Kotka from Plymouth
28 feb KOGGEGRACHT, arrived at Kotka from Rotterdam

You have stated in the interview at Schuttevaer that the contact between your mother and your father happened between 24 january and 5 february. So you are probably looking for an officer named "Jan" of the AALSMEERGRACHT, LEVANTGRACHT and KAAPGRACHT in 1994. These three ships belonged to rederij Spliethof at Amsterdam. You can contact them through their website: https://www.spliethoff.com or maybe phone them.

Could the harbour master of Kotka help you wit any names?

The GOLF STAR was not sailing under Dutch Flag any more. It was originally Dutch, but flagged out to Cyprus in 1985, renamed and in 1994 sailing under the flag of Antigua. Maybe she still had Dutch officers. I hope this information will help you in your search, or ring a bell with someone reading this post.
Thank you so much Gert! And sorry because it took so long time to answer! Work takes so much time and energy I totally forgot to write here! I'm so so sorry!

You gave me so much new information! I try to get some contact to Spliethoff but it seems they don't like to answer.

The Port of Kotka has given me a shipping list. From there I found those ships. Unfortunately Finland hasn't saved any records of the crew. I have asked in many many places. I try to make contact with Spliethoff. But for now on my hope is on this page and Schuttevaers story.

By, Oona

Plaats reactie