Coaster Art

Ook ruimte voor kunstschilderen en andere vormen van kunst.
John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 08 jun 2008 00:52

Afbeelding
Hi All .
I have just joined the site . I am a Professional Artist from , Co. Donegal , IRELAND . I work mostly in coloured pen and ink and the picture of the Irish coaster TRAMONE (ex. Paul Westers) depicted here at Shroove lighthouse at the entrance to Lough Foyle , she is inward bound to Derry, is an example of the type of Marine artwork i do . I also draw Fishing vessels as well . I hope you like my work and i can put some more on this site .
Best Regards,
John Baird

Ruud (R.I.P.)

Bericht door Ruud (R.I.P.) » 08 jun 2008 04:41

Ahoy John,
Welcome on board,matey,good to see you here as well,quite a while a go since we spoke each other, how's life over there in Letterkenny?
Just show them some of your lovely Art work,for sure they will love it,as I did and still do.

Afbeelding

All the best and give my love to Jane :!:

"Welkom aan boord maatje,een pikheetje geleden dat wij elkaar gesproken hebben,hoe gaat het daar in Letterkenny.
Plaats wat van jouw werk hier,en je zult zien dat ze het ook hier mooi zullen vinden,zoals ik vond en nog steeds vind.
Groetjes,ook aan je vrouw Jane."

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 08 jun 2008 10:30

Good to hear from you Ruud , We had some " laughs" on another site at a time till somebody started to take things too serious and the whole spirt and cameraderie was lost . In the end it was their loss and we are still here . I, m still drawing , doing a bit more of the Fishing boats now but still have not forgotten how it was when the Dutch coasters came to Letterkenny when i was growing up , (A long time ago LOL!!). Depicted here is a frequent visitor to "The Port", Van Bruggen,s UNITAS . Sadly those days are gone . I, still trying to keep them alive ,
All the Best ,
John
Afbeelding

Jos Komen
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jos Komen » 08 jun 2008 12:33

In 2004 kreeg ik deze fraaie tekening van John Baird. :-D
All the best
Jos

Afbeelding
Hij die nooit gevaren heeft
Weet niet hoe een zeeman leeft.

http://www.scheepspraat.nl/

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 08 jun 2008 13:29

Many thanks Jos . A few old friends are " on the ball" already . There will be a few more drawings , when i can dig them out of my files ,
Good Luck from Letterkenny,
John

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art or (Tankerart!!)

Bericht door John Baird » 08 jun 2008 18:06

As requested by Ruud, a VERY LARGE COASTER!! Seriously a black and white pen drawing of the Tanker . GULF SWEDE John

Afbeelding

Jos Komen
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jos Komen » 08 jun 2008 18:30

Hi John,
Fantastic!!! :-D :lol:
I spend 13 month on this good old tanker.
In her last days she was a coaster indeed. :)
Thanks a Lot! :-D
Jos

Jos Komen
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jos Komen » 08 jun 2008 23:44

Hi John,
This Gulf Swede pendrawing is recently made by Ed Bartels. :-D

Afbeelding

All the best
Jos

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art GULF SWEDE.

Bericht door John Baird » 08 jun 2008 23:56

Hi Jos : Fine drawing , I know Ed Bartels work well, I was in touch with him , many years ago . A fine artist . Good luck to him .
John

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coasterart

Bericht door John Baird » 10 jun 2008 22:36

A coloured pendrawing of the old Dutch coaster GASSELTE making headway in the Irish sea .
Afbeelding
One thing i would like to point out . Some months ago i found one or two of my drawings copied onto a CD rom /DVD , not from this site but from a well known UK one . I know that by posting anything on the web one does so at his/her own risk. My point is this. I am a professional Artist and i make my living this way . Should any member wish to commission an original of ANY type of vessell , Coasters , Deep sea , Warships , Fishing vessels, anything that floats . I can draw it. My e-mail. is : bairdart@iol.ie if you wish to contact me to discuss terms . All my prices include postage Worldwide.
Best Regards ,
John Baird

ed bartels

coaster art

Bericht door ed bartels » 11 jun 2008 17:08

Hi, John,
Welcome aboard! How nice to hear you remember me. I also admire your work as well as you do mine, especially the coasters because we sailed with those a long time ago.
Nice meeting you again.
Greetings Ed

Afbeelding
lecko voor en achter

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 11 jun 2008 18:03

Good to hear from you Ed,
You hav, nt lost your touch , Still good detail . I work a more varied genre of art now especially with the shipping side , but i still enjoy the coasters . Like you said , we sailed in them , its hard to forget them , Keep up the good work ,
All the best from Ireland,
John

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 11 jun 2008 18:36

Depicted here is the English coaster BLACKTHORN , just getting underway after dropping the Coleraine pilot while outward bound from the River Bann in the 1960s. Built at Westerbroek , in Holland she was the 2nd motorship built for the Company, I sailed in the SILVERTHORN which was their 1st. motor vessel. She was built at Scheepsv. Unie , Holland. This oil painting was done for use as a cover of a book on the Port of Coleraine . It was done using HOUSEHOLD PAINT , as was many paintings i made in the 90,s . I find the pen and ink better as i can express the detail more .
John
Afbeelding

John Baird
Contacteer:

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird » 12 jun 2008 00:56

The coasters of Arklow Shipping should need no introduction to Dutch shiplovers and seamen alike, as many of the new ships were both built and registered in Holland . The company started off many years ago with sailing schooners , progressing to motor coasters, may of which were ex. Dutch Flag . Depicted here is the ARKLOW FREEDOM, butting into a harbour mouth swell. The drawing is done in coloured pen and ink.
Afbeelding
John

Herman

Re: Coaster Art

Bericht door Herman » 22 dec 2008 19:34

Deze tekening heb ik gemaakt naar voorbeeld van John Baird,waar ik toendertijd een heel gesprek mee heb gehad in Londonderry,toen we daar een weekend binnen lagen.
Afbeelding
gr.Herman

oyibo

Re: Coaster Art

Bericht door oyibo » 03 dec 2010 00:36

zooo dat is een tijd terug dat hier nieuw werk geplaatst is zeg :roll: hoogste tijd om dit item weer nieuw leven in te blazen.
ik ben dan wel geen ``artist`` meer een prutser , maar bootjes tekenen is en blijft leuk als je interesse hebt voor de zeevaart. hier dus mijn bijdrage voor dit item. een aquarel van èèn van de laatste k.n.s.m. ers.
Bijlagen
nestor.jpg
k.n.s.m coaster
nestor.jpg (111.52 KiB) 4851 keer bekeken
let love rule

Plaats reactie