BAIRDART (Marine drawings by Irish Artist, John Baird

Ook ruimte voor kunstschilderen en andere vormen van kunst.
Plaats reactie
johnbaird

BAIRDART (Marine drawings by Irish Artist, John Baird

Bericht door johnbaird »

I have been drawing Dutch Coasters since I was 10 years old...a long time ago (I am 67 now!!). On these posts you will find a variety of the type of vessels I get commissioned to draw, Fishing, Cargo, Lifeboats, and other craft. but I will start with my favourite ships , Dutch motorcoasters. Shown here in Lough Swilly, Co. Donegal. is M/V PLANCIUS. I hope you enjoy my work and thanks for having me on Kombuispraat........Regards John Baird Co. Donegal, Ireland.
PLANCIUS.jpg
PLANCIUS.jpg (110.24 KiB) 4885 keer bekeken

Herman

Re: BAIRDART (Marine drawings by Irish Artist, John Baird

Bericht door Herman »

Welcom back on this forum John.

greetings Herman
johnbaird

Re: BAIRDART (Marine drawings by Irish Artist, John Baird

Bericht door johnbaird »

Herman schreef:Welcom back on this forum John.

greetings Herman
Thanks for your support Herman, Glad to be back. John
johnbaird

Bericht door johnbaird »

Over the past 10 years Fishing vessels have made up the bulk of commissioned Artwork, Boats from Ireland ,Scotland, and U.K. being the most sought after subjects. Depicted here is the OCEAN PIONEER S.45 commissioned by her skipper/owner Niall Deasy .Union Hall, Co. Cork. All my drawings are A3 Size on heavy Artpaper.
OCEAN PIONEER  S.45 off Roancarraig..jpg
OCEAN PIONEER S.45 off Roancarraig..jpg (96.99 KiB) 4862 keer bekeken
johnbaird

HMS. AMETHYST

Bericht door johnbaird »

On 20 April 1949, Amethyst was on her way from Shanghai to Nanking (now Nanjing) when she was fired upon by the People's Liberation Army, thus starting the Amethyst Incident. Amethyst was trapped in China until 30 July 1949.

For the 1957 film Yangtse Incident: The Story of HMS Amethyst, Amethyst was brought out of storage to play herself. As her engines were no longer operational, her sister ship, Magpie, was used for shots of the ship moving. Amethyst was scrapped shortly after the filming was finished
HMS AMETHYST.jpg
HMS AMETHYST.jpg (90.71 KiB) 4839 keer bekeken

Plaats reactie