AAN DE WEBMASTER BELANGRIJK

Problemen met foto's plaatsen? Of met andere PC problemen? Stel dan hier je vraag.
Plaats reactie
alex

AAN DE WEBMASTER BELANGRIJK

Bericht door alex »

Hier een tip van een echte phpbb forum freak.
Ik zag dat je nog draaide met versie 2.0.10

Hier zit een beveilingslek in upgrade zo snel mogelijk naar 2.0.11

Lees meer op de website www.phpbb.com

met vriendelijke groet,
Alex

alex

Bericht door alex »

Wednesday, December 22 2004 @ 04:00 AM EST
Contributed by: Dirk
Views: 2425

This isn't exactly Geeklog-related, but since quite a few sites seem to be running phpBB (with or without the phpBBBridge), I'd like to point out that there's a worm going around at the moment that exploits a bug in phpBB versions 2.0.10 and earlier.

This seems to be the first time (at least that I'm aware of) that an automatic exploit for a web application is in the wild. The worm uses Google to search for phpBB boards, infects them, and then continues to spread from there. Infected sites show a red text "NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm Generation" (followed by a number) on a black background. More information about the worm can be found in the usual places, e.g. Bugtraq.

So to all phpBB users out there: Upgrade to phpBB 2.0.11 ASAP.

Update: According to F-Secure, Google is now blocking the requests of the worm (dubbed "Santy"), which should stop it for now (until a new worm comes, that uses another search engine ...). It's still strongly recommended to update phpBB, of course.
Jos Komen (R.I.P)

Bericht door Jos Komen (R.I.P) »

Bedankt Alex, ik heb het doorgestuurd.
Ik ben slechts moderator en beheerder, dit gaat me te ver.
Nu ik dit teruglees vind ik de benaming Moderator eigenlijk niet zo geslaagd.
Moderate visibility...
Dat werd vroeger vertaald met: Modder aan je reet en vieze billetjes.
All the best
Jos

Plaats reactie