Coaster Art

Ook ruimte voor kunstschilderen en andere vormen van kunst.
ed bartels

coaster art

Bericht door ed bartels »

Hi, John,
Welcome aboard! How nice to hear you remember me. I also admire your work as well as you do mine, especially the coasters because we sailed with those a long time ago.
Nice meeting you again.
Greetings Ed

Afbeelding

John Baird

Coaster Art

Bericht door John Baird »

Good to hear from you Ed,
You hav, nt lost your touch , Still good detail . I work a more varied genre of art now especially with the shipping side , but i still enjoy the coasters . Like you said , we sailed in them , its hard to forget them , Keep up the good work ,
All the best from Ireland,
John
John Baird

Coaster Art

Depicted here is the English coaster BLACKTHORN , just getting underway after dropping the Coleraine pilot while outward bound from the River Bann in the 1960s. Built at Westerbroek , in Holland she was the 2nd motorship built for the Company, I sailed in the SILVERTHORN which was their 1st. motor vessel. She was built at Scheepsv. Unie , Holland. This oil painting was done for use as a cover of a book on the Port of Coleraine . It was done using HOUSEHOLD PAINT , as was many paintings i made in the 90,s . I find the pen and ink better as i can express the detail more .
John
Afbeelding
John Baird

Coaster Art

The coasters of Arklow Shipping should need no introduction to Dutch shiplovers and seamen alike, as many of the new ships were both built and registered in Holland . The company started off many years ago with sailing schooners , progressing to motor coasters, may of which were ex. Dutch Flag . Depicted here is the ARKLOW FREEDOM, butting into a harbour mouth swell. The drawing is done in coloured pen and ink.
Afbeelding
John
Herman

Re: Coaster Art

Bericht door Herman »

Deze tekening heb ik gemaakt naar voorbeeld van John Baird,waar ik toendertijd een heel gesprek mee heb gehad in Londonderry,toen we daar een weekend binnen lagen.
Afbeelding
gr.Herman
oyibo
Contacteer:

Bericht door oyibo »

zooo dat is een tijd terug dat hier nieuw werk geplaatst is zeg :roll: hoogste tijd om dit item weer nieuw leven in te blazen.
ik ben dan wel geen ``artist`` meer een prutser , maar bootjes tekenen is en blijft leuk als je interesse hebt voor de zeevaart. hier dus mijn bijdrage voor dit item. een aquarel van èèn van de laatste k.n.s.m. ers.
Bijlagen
k.n.s.m coaster
k.n.s.m coaster
nestor.jpg (111.52 KiB) 12243 keer bekeken
let love rule
Old Fart

Bericht door Old Fart »

Je hebt gelijk,Oyibo,hier wordt veel te weinig Coaster Art op gezet.Ik ga daar eens wat aan doen;dat vindt John uit Letterkenny prima want die is al 'tig jaar gek op Hollandse kustertjes.Hierbij de FEDALA van Dammers,afgebeeld vóór en na de verbouwing tot vriesschip.Pentekening,30x40cm.
h.gr. Old Fart Frits Hoogstrate
Bijlagen
FEDALA -c.jpg
FEDALA -c.jpg (452.91 KiB) 3793 keer bekeken
Old Fart

Bericht door Old Fart »

De HERTA bij Tramore,Ierland.Gouache,30x40 cm
h.gr. Old Fart
Bijlagen
Herta -Tramore,Ireland.jpg
Herta -Tramore,Ireland.jpg (540.79 KiB) 3793 keer bekeken
Old Fart

Bericht door Old Fart »

De AFIENA (2) loopt Teelin-Ierland binnen.Gouache.Geschilderd voor Jan Anderiesse,die toen aan boord machinist was.
Bijlagen
AFIENA entering Teelin.jpg
AFIENA entering Teelin.jpg (293.99 KiB) 3787 keer bekeken
Old Fart

Bericht door Old Fart »

De JUPITER passeert The Rock.Pen en gouache
Bijlagen
JUPITER 002.jpg
JUPITER 002.jpg (226.09 KiB) 3776 keer bekeken

Plaats reactie